Hiking Snacks from Thrive Market
Our hiking snacks criteria
- Light- this is relative to how long the hike is, sometimes things can be a little heavier if its a shorter hike
- Easy to prepare- both before hitting the trail or on the trail
- Doesn’t need to be kept cold, or can be left out for several hours
- Nutritious- has all the good stuff to keep you going
- Fun- hiking snacks should be fun, it adds to the experience of the hike
- Tasty- while being nutritious, it doesn’t have to taste terrible.
Introducing Thrive Market
What is Thrive Market?
Hiking snack items
Hot hiking snack ideas
These are things that could be made on the trail by adding hot water to a mix. We have a Jetboil that heats water very quickly. You just need a Jetboil and a can of propane.
Hiking snack combo ideas
- Meat bar, dark chocolate with coconut water
- Meat stick, chips, applesauce cup
- Energy bar, apple sauce cup, nuun electrolyte drink
- Sardines on pork rinds, coconut water
- Salami, sliced cheese, crackers
- Smoked clams on crackers
- Salmon on crackers or chips
- Tuna on crackers
- Grain-free granola with almond milk (serve in a resealable reusable bag)
- Toaster pastry and trail mix
- Almond butter on crackers
Jaunty Patreon Membership
Become a member and access more travel goodies, premium content, and a private community of travel enthusiasts.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive snack list, just a jumping off point of ideas for you to experiment with. Try some of the Thrive Market products and see what you like. Then you can start to create a list of your favorite snacks.