This Site contains endorsements, ads, reviews, and affiliate links to products and services. These links may appear in the content and the sidebar/footer. We will only recommend things we’ve used personally and feel are helpful to our readers. Any post that contains affiliate links or sponsors will be marked.
Products may be provided free of charge by the advertiser for our review. If so, this will be noted in the post. This does not ensure a positive review. We will give our honest opinion.
Creating inspiring, helpful content is the goal of this blog. Affiliate links and advertising generate a small income to offset the time and energy we put into Jaunty Everywhere.
We use third-party advertising companies that serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies use your search information to provide advertisements about goods and services you may be interested in. Please be aware that the advertisements are generated by your internet activity and are not controlled by Jaunty Everywhere.
We are not responsible for the actions of advertisers or sponsors of this blog. If you buy a service or product from one of the Site’s advertisers or sponsors based on a comment or link on this blog, you must take action directly with that company to resolve any issues.
Do you want the best resources, tools, and inspiration for PNW Travel?
Every week we send an email chock full of travel inspiration for you to explore.
One week we focus on a PNW town that’s Worth a Stop; the following week, we focus on a travel-related topic to help you get the most out of your vacations.
Jaunty Everywhere is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some links on Jaunty Everywhere will be affiliated with this program. We earn a small commission on those sales if you click a link and make a purchase (a book, for instance). There is no extra cost to you. This pays the expenses of our website. Thank you for your support.
Cheri Bywater and Brittany Stanton operate www.jauntyeverywhere.com.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Site collects some personal data from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with the individual, personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, and password.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you our newsletters
- manage contacts and send messages
- ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer
- provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- interact with external social networks and platforms
- allow registration and authentification
- monitor infrastructure
- manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- interact with live chat platforms
- carry out remarketing and behavioral targeting (including display ads)
- interact with support and feedback platforms
- manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Also, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this data.
If you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. The login cookies will be removed if you log out of your account.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves similarly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have an account on this Site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your data may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area.
Lawful Basis of Processing Personal Data
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or by us
We process and store your data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the user and us will be retained until such contract has been fully performed
- personal data collected for our legitimate interests will be retained as long as necessary to fulfill such purpose
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.
- Object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if we are processing data, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification of the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Complain. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned regularly for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks. It is only accessible by a limited number of persons with exclusive access rights to such systems and is required to keep the information confidential.
Besides, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is entirely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
For collecting personal information from children under age 13, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Terms of Condition of Use:
Jaunty Everywhere is maintained for your entertainment only. You may download, copy, and use the information only for non-commercial, personal use. You browse and use the information at your own risk. The projects, ideas, techniques, and suggestions are in no way intended to be error-proof and without risk. Additional research, testing, and safety precautions are advisable.
We are not providing legal, medical, or professional advice. Any products mentioned on this blog are in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure medical or legal issues.
Jaunty Everywhere (nor any other guest author providing content) is not liable for direct, incidental, indirect, consequent, or punitive damages arising from your access to or use of the information on this Site. Jaunty Everywhere assumes no liability for omissions or errors in this Site’s content.
We reserve the right to add/delete content, change the blog’s focus, shut it down, sell it, or replace it at our discretion.
All images and content on this Site are the copyright of Jaunty Everywhere. You may not use them as your own. We love and appreciate Pinterest pins. You may also use 2-3 photos from Jaunty Everywhere with a linked source back to the blog post it came from.
This page was last updated on September 25, 2017